From: Elaine Marshall [mailto:emarshall@fnal.gov]
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 9:07 AM
To: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: New Detector

Found the following article in today's news.

Weapons Lab Rolls Out New Radiation Detectors

L I V E R M O R E, Calif., April 18 - A cell phone that will be able to tell the difference between a "dirty bomb" and someone who's undergone radiation treatment is among the next generation of anti-terrorism tools being worked on by national weapons lab scientists.

 to have prototypes ready for testing within a few months and could have the devices ready for action in about two years.

- The Associated Press
+ Elaine T. Marshall
+ Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
+ Facilities Engineering Services Section
+ Administration/Safety
+ Voice: (630 840-8756/Fax: (630) 840-4980
+ E-Mail: EMarshall@fnal.gov