RE: New Detector

Actually, I think you are looking at two different systems.  Simon's tunnel junction detectors are rather large, or at least they were a year and a half ago when I left LLNL.

Also, for those of you questioning wether someone is simply jumping on the homeland security bandwagon, you should probably consider whether this work has been in progress long before homeland security was even a phrase (which it has).  I believe that the tunnel junction stuff was being developed as a spectroscopy technique for physics.  If you want to ask Simon questions, why not contact him directly?  He is in the LLNL phone book, and since he is not a health physicist will not be monitoring this list server.