RE: Puskin article[Scanned]

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, John Jacobus wrote:

> My question has always been, what is the correlation

> between non-smokers, radon and lung cancer?  How good

> are the statistics when only these three variables are

> considered?  I would think that this goes to the heart

> of the question by eliminating the issue of smoking

> althogether.

	--In my response to Puskin, Item #15 on my web site, I show that

no possible correlation between radon and smoking prevalence can support

the Puskin suggestion, regardless of what is assumed about smoking

prevalences. I would think this answers your question. Errors in our

smoking prevalences, which is what Puskin suggests, cannot explain the

problem.