AW: Bismuth breaks half-life record

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von BERNARD L COHEN

Gesendet: Montag, 28. April 2003 16:13

An: John Jacobus

Cc: Jerry Cohen; Dan Hoffman; radsafe

Betreff: Re: Bismuth breaks half-life record

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, John Jacobus wrote:

> And if the proton does not decay . . .?

	--Every nucleus with mass above about 100 can decay by spontaneous

fission. This is indisputable, just from measured masses.

I cannot believe, that you are serious!!! Has it ever been observed that

Cs-137, I-131, the stable isotopes of Cs, I, Hg, Cd, W, Rare Earths, Au, Pt,

Ba, Ag etc etc decay by spontaneous fission???? I dispute it and you will

hardly find anybody having common sense, who will not dispute it.

I am really embarrassed to read such a message from somebody whom I once

appreciated as a very important radiation protection person.

Franz