AW: Tokaimura question

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu [mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Kai Kaletsch
Gesendet: Montag, 28. April 2003 19:57
An: RadSafe
Betreff: Tokaimura question

Does anyone know if the Tokaimura facility had ISO 9000 or a similar quality management system registration?

I cannot answer this question, but all I know of, is that the persons involved in the accident violated the rules of the facility and poured too much of the enriched uranium into the blending vessel. No ISO whatsoever helps to prevent accidents, if people do not care for clear rules and breach safety rules.

You cannot guarantee that analyses are correct, when following standard operation procedures. I have even experienced laboratory personnel deliberately falsifying weight of samples etc.

Best regards,

Franz