RE: [MbrExchange] Re: NG blast (again)

So, I don't get it...it's like another line in an anti-nuke song
  "If Einstein says he's scared...I'm scared"

I don't think I was blaming the public, but I was blaming the radiation professionals for not providing a proper education--but now I see, at least from your perspective, that at least some radiation professionals are providing an education, albeit the wrong one.

I can understand some of the fears from the cold war. I grew up with air-raid drills, CDV-700s at my school, and the posters that offered instructions of what to do in case of a nuclear attack. The one that made an indelible impression on me was the one that had the last few steps as.
   11. Crawl under your desk
   12. Put your head between your legs
   13. And kiss you [rear] goodbye!

So in the late '60s we were joking about nuclear bombs--sort of black humor.

I still don't get it. You and others on this list are saying the fears are overblown. Alvin Weinberg says it cannot be safe.

We've discussed pieces of this before: You can't prove perfect safety--you can only prove the possibility of harm. How do the real scientists say it, you can't prove a negative?

Where do we go from here? Who's correct? Who is the general public to believe? Why is the industry doing this to itself? Where IS the money trail to all this? Who is Alvin Weinberg? Why should someone believe him more than you?

Cheers,

Richard