Re: Aside from the reward issue...

In a message dated 4/30/2003 9:19:22 AM Pacific Standard Time, crispy_bird@yahoo.com writes:

The problem is that there are many causes for heart
disease, e.g., smoking, lack of exercise, cholesterol,
family history, etc.  I doubt background radiation or
radon is seriously considered one of them.

Actually that's why I thought heart disease would have been good to use, because as I understood Puskin's hypothesis, it was that there was a correlation between low radon in areas with more smokers, thus making it appear that there was a negative correlation between radon and lung cancer.  So, I thought that looking at something correlated with smoking (i.e., heart disease), but not radon exposure would be helpful.  However, as many have pointed out, there apparently is research connecting radon exposure to heart disease, so that idea's rather dead in the water.

Barbara