RE: Time out

Bernie, I believe your move is a wise one and I certainly believe you have

every right to make such a request. You have certainly taken a valid

scientific approach in inviting open discussion and critique. Unfortunately

our current society seems to find it easier to throw dispersions and

personal attacks against the scientist than it is to maintain a professional

and objective dialogue. I personally am getting tired of the continuing flap

and like others may finally choose to unsubscribe myself because of the

endless attacks on individuals.

With all of the challenges we have currently in the rad arena you would

think that members of the list could find more appropriate and beneficial

uses for their time. To mention just a few we have the threat of terrorism

(emergency preparedness??), we have the health and well being of our economy

as well as our population (Rad does have an impact in all of these areas),

we have topics such as Yucca Mountain and transportation of any and all rad

materials, we have Nuclear Power and including the long term health of our

economy which is dependent on energy to operate (Jobs I believe that is

spelled), and we have issues associated with the disposal of any and all rad

waste (including that used for medical purposes).

In the interest of keeping this short and limiting the time I take up on the

list I will conclude by wishing you the best and encouraging you to be

careful that you do not allow the continuing attacks to deflect you from you

work. Hang in there and have a great weekend.

Milton Chilton, CHP

Disclaimer - My words reflect my personal thoughts only and do not in any

way reflect those of my employer.