Re: the health physics profession

Webster's New Universal Unabridged Dictionary offers this definition of

profession:

"A vocation or occupation requiring advanced training in some liberal art

or science, and usually involving mental rather than manual work, as

teaching, engineering, writing, etc.; especially, medicine, law, or

theology (formerly called the learned professions)."

I think that Webster's is one of the more highly accepted standard when it

comes to definitions.

Dave Derenzo, RSO

University of Illinois at Chicago