The Great LNT Ecologic Debate

Dr. B. Cohen,

I wanted to comment on your recent post when you stated that some
members of the list were taking "potshots" at you.  I am sincerely
trying to understand how in the world you can say that when people
are merely trying to provide suggestions to explain your findings
(you requested this offering large sums of money in fact).  I can
only imagine that you must feel responses that do not fit into your
paradigm or are at odds with your views regarding your findings are
potshots.

Dr. Dukelow took issue with my post where I used the phrasing “bogus
reward offer”.  I must admit that I am somewhat of a bogophile
(that’s why I made my first post), which stems from my Princeton
roots.  I am indeed mesmerized by how people respond to less than
genuine offers in particular.  My use of bogus referred to bogon
sources that tend to make people behave mindlessly, see quantum
bogodynamics - - - - -

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=quantum%20bogodynamics

From my perspective, Dr. Cohen’s reward offers are bogon sources
since he alone decides the outcome of acceptance of the offer.  Has
anyone ever kept track of all the suggestions provided to Dr. Cohen
for explaining his data or suggestions how to improve his analyses?
HE has rejected them all, but others have not.  He makes the offers,
judges the submission, and passes the final verdict.

I applaud Dr. Cohen for eliminating his reward offers.

If collective dose assumptions indeed use similar data as used by Dr.
Cohen, I would suggest that the collective dose assumptions need more
review.  Is the data used for collective dose better than what Dr.
Cohen uses?

NOW, how can one move from a bogen offer to a genuine scientific
review?

Who would be the appropriate reviewers to decide if you can use
ecologic data from the United States and census information to test
the validity of the LNT?

Several groups come to mind:

Epidemiologists/statisticians -  These folks have pretty much
rejected Dr. Cohen’s work (other than Dr. Long of course).

American Nuclear Society – Would there be a bias if they formed a
review group?

NCRP – Will they be objective?  Will Dr. Cohen accept their finding?

Dr. Cohen – will you accept the findings of NCRP as final?