Re: Niagara Falls citation--Hunger, Knowledge, Thought

Couldn't resist; got curious; did a Google search on: radiation and heart disease.

This and a number of other references turned up purporting to show findings that

medical radiation is a significant cause of heart disease. I read some (having had

ischemia repaired by quad bypass), but could not get very excited. Maybe some of you

will find the studies more compelling than did I.

Cheers,

Maury Siskel                 maury@webtexas.com

PS Must add for any of you elders who are pilots -- don't give up on retrieving your

medical certificate in spite of bypass and emphysema! Celebrated my 75th birthday

couple nights ago by taking the club Cessna 182 up for over an hour -- incredibly

beautiful night as it always is ....

http://www.ratical.org/radiation/CNR/RMP/abstract.html

Radiation from Medical Procedures in the Pathogenesis of Cancer and

                                      Ischemic Heart Disease:

           Dose-Response Studies with Physicians per 100,000 Population.

          John W. Gofman, M.D., Ph.D.  1999.   699 pages.   LCCN 99-045096.

          Hardcover:  ISBN 0-932682-97-9.    Softcover:  ISBN 0-932682-98-7.

          Committee for Nuclear Responsibility Books, San Francisco.