Niagara Falls citation--Hunger, Knowledge, Thought

June 2, 2003

	NiagaraNet (NN) writes:

	"Since there is an admitted cause and effect relationship between low

level-long term exposures to rad and heart disease . . ."

	Who has "admitted" this other than Gofman?  Where was this finding

published?  I would prefer a reference (or several) to refereed journals,

not to articles in the popular press.

	NN writes:

	"Not one human health study has been done to date around these sites (and

there are many others in that area--that FUSRAP has not, and cannot address)."

	I don't know anything about FUSRAP, but if no human health studies have

been done around these sites how can you (NN) or anyone say the buried

uranium is causing heart disease?  That doesn't make a whole lot of sense,

does it?

	With respect to my use of the word "apostatize," the second definition of

"apostasy" is "abandonment of a previous loyalty" (Webster's New Collegiate

Dictionary, 1974).  To answer your question, God has not and does not

'excommunicate' anyone.

	I reiterate what I said before -- the <length> of Gofman's career does not

mean that anyone should automatically accept what he says.  What Gofman --

or anyone -- says should be evaluated on its merits, not on how long he has

been alive or in practice.

	As I said in my earlier posting, I would give Gofman some credence if he

could show us elevated levels of heart disease in miners, uranium mill

workers, or workers in gaseous diffusion plants.  They were undoubtedly

exposed to much more radioactivity that anyone has been exposed to from

buried uranium near Niagara Falls, or anywhere else.  I would like to see

you address this point, NN.

	I also endorse Barbara Hamrick's observation (about disease incidence)

that your comments "would have more validity if a link to the actual study

were provided".

Steven Dapra

sjd@swcp.com