Re: Last Comment Re Electro Met Production

But wait, put the shovel away, there's a pulse on the dead horse..

Radsafers:

Also, since my original statement was that Electromet was the "largest

producer for the Manhattan Engineering District" (I did say "and beyond"--to be

fair), your (Ms. Westbrook's) figures are showing a very small three month period,

with one of the months being a projection for both Niagara's

Electrometallurgical Works and St. Louie's Mallinckrodt Chemical Company.

(Think massive hydroelectricity and carbon electrodes :*)

I submit to you that these dates are not within parameters sufficient to

support this exchange and claim.

The period of 1942 (as cited in the DOE posting) predates your documents by

five full years. There is no way, in my opinion, that Mallinkrodt (which was

first and foremost a chemical company and not a metallurgical company), could

have possibly surpassed the UCC "Electro-Metallurgical Works." Metallurgy WAS

their primary business and associated companies of theirs did refinement. I will

also mention that Union Carbide became Union Carbide Nuclear at one point in

time. This expertise was gained at the hearth of Niagara.

It is preposterous to believe that a chemical company surpassed a

metallurgical company in the production of a metal, wouldn't you think logically?

As a side bar--Mallinckrodt and St. Louis had not the power capacity that

Niagara did.

Since I mentioned that EMet was also a big producer beyond the 1942 to 1946

MED timeframe, I will also submit to you that you have only provided a short

three month period that predates the 1953 timeframe as noted by the DOE by

another five years.

Five in front missing and five in the back should not be considered an

accurate accounting of what went on in an industrial location such as Niagara Falls.

I am only stating what I see as a possible deficiency in your reconstruction

work.

Regards,

L.H. Ricciuti

NiagaraNet@aol.com

"It's not in the dosimetry, it's in putting the right numbers in the correct

columns and the quality of the interpretation."