Re: Only Comment Re Electro Met Production: Bury the hatchet

Mr/Ms. Ricciuti and Ms. Westbrook,

I am enjoying all the banter, but isn't it time that you folks buried the

hatchet--and while doing so uncover where some of this stuff is buried?

While I'm not an alarmist in this regard, and in the last year and a half

on RadSafe have become far less concerned about the dangers of

radioactivity that have been over-played in the popular media (for that, I

think Radsafe), I am concerned that the public record of what's where for

the sake of public safety be as accurate as possible.

I think we're talking about possible long-term effects in two populated

areas, St. Louis and Buffalo. Since information from both research projects

might confirm current thinking or suggest additional avenues of research

wouldn't sharing everything be useful?

I'm not talking about joint "cooking" of the figures, but rather a

collegial give and take (off list) that generates greater certainty for

both sets of figures. Of course, if you're on different sides of a legal

battle, perhaps this isn't appropriate, but otherwise, since were overall

talking about public health here, getting the base data correct seems like

a good move.

In many instances in my experience, two heads are iften better than one.

I will now go away and shut up on this.

Cheers,

Richard