The Debate is Over

Dr. Cohen, You wrote - Am I correct in assuming that is what you mean?

No, I gave these examples below not the ones you stated -

I have offered (at least since since 1998) a plausible explanantion for your

findings.

In the previous email I pointed out that - your smoking data is co-correlated

with socioeconomic status, poor health care, apartment living, mobility, lower

education status, etc. You have never assessed all these variables in a

multivariate analyses.  And in fact, this would be impossible to do adequately

because of the non linear relationships between these factors within and

between counties.

If you do not feel it is plausible, which scientists do you recommend we have

review whether or not this is a plausible explanation?

We previously pointed out the poor predictive ability of your smoking data to

explain lung cancers.  Puskin has further shown your inverse association is

also found for other smoking related cancers.  It is pretty clear that you

have residual confounding from smoking and the confounding is magnified by

factors co-correlated to smoking.

I understand your "treatments", but disagree that you can validly use

additional faulty summary data to "treat" your existing summary data.

Who do you suggest we ask to resolve whether or not it is plausible that

residual confounding from smoking and co-correlated factors are a likely

explanation for your findings?

Would you find any of these individuals acceptable???

http://www.iarc.fr/pageroot/UNITS/cvcardis.html

http://www.ieiltd.com/bios.htm#

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/epidemiology/academics/envepi.htm

http://depts.washington.edu/epidem/weiss.htm

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/faculty/GrahamColditz.html

(Your co-author on one of your early papers)

http://www.slu.edu/colleges/sph/centers/prc/Faculty/ross.htm

http://www.bumc.bu.edu/Departments/PageMain.asp?Page=4544&DepartmentID=97

http://www.coeh.ucla.edu/morgenstern.html

http://www.ohsu.edu/som-PubHealth/Morton.html