Re: Debate is over - mistatements of fact

Dr. Cohen,

At least half of the NCRP committee is not comprised of either

biostatisticians or epidemiologist. Am I correct in stating that you requested

NCRP to review your work?  What expertise would you have envisioned for the

committee you requested?

You did not address the second part of my email.

"You are not correct in stating (once again by the way) that

Epidemiologists are only accustomed to using well standardized approaches

designed to determine dose-response relationships, and my work does not fall

into that category.

You are correct that your work can not determine a dose response, but you are

misleading people by suggesting either Epidemiologist do not perform studies

that do not assess a dose response (eg Ecologic) or suggesting ecologic

studies do not fall into the realm of epidemiology.

Epidemiologist have the expertise to review your ecologic studies. Please

provide examples of physicist that have performed ecologic studies.

Epidemiologist perform them, but unlike you, use them to formulate hypotheses

not test them.

see also http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/0206/msg00199.html

Search ecologic study on the web and let me know how many you find performed

by Physicist.

These were my first hits when I searched using Google- The fourth one provides

a nice summary of ecologic studies.

http://ehpnet1.niehs.nih.gov/docs/2002/110p319-324reynolds/abstract.html

http://microbiology.mtsinai.on.ca/research/ecologic.shtml

http://www.thorne.com/altmedrev/fulltext/cancer4-3.html