Re: Thai police arrest man carrying radioactive material

Yes, I do believe, the 30kg must include the shield. To give an idea, on

what could the mass be I mention the Cs-137 source, considering as Cesium

Chloride, source at the Goiania's Accident. The Specific Activity was 0.55

TBq/g (15.1 Ci/g) - Total activity in 1987 at the accident was 50.9 TBq

(1375 Ci)  and the mass of the matrix was 93 g.

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel