RE: UV attenuation in air

UV attenuation in air is not constant, but is strongly a function of the concentration of ozone in the air.

Loss of stratospheric ozone has resulted in a significant drop in stratospheric temperature for the 25 or so years for which we have good data (because of reduced heating of the stratosphere from UV dissociation of ozone).

Best regards.

Jim Dukelow

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

Richland, WA

jim.dukelow@pnl.gov

These comments are mine and have not been reviewed and/or approved by my management or by the U.S. Department of Energy.