Re: Digital X-Ray Can Scan Body in 13 Seconds

I can understand "socio-economic issues" when you are discussing how

much money to put into cleaning up a contaminated site or whether to

replace an inefficient high-dose X-ray with a more costly newer one.

Those are cases where there is significant demand for limited financial

resources.

The article below refers to a diamond company X-raying its workers at

the end of their shifts.  The company is trying to protect its economic

interest, but is this an ethical action?  Perhaps ethics are

situational.

Would you have any objection to being X-rayed like this every time you

took an airline flight?  I can see it coming.  It will be for our own

good, of course.

Would it be OK to X-ray prisoners regularly or randomly to stem drug or

weapons program in a prison?

Does the answer change if either of the two above situations happens in

another country besides the US?

My own opinions/questions only.

--Susan Gawarecki