Re: Hype for the World Tour

In a message dated 6/18/2003 2:20:46 PM Central Daylight Time, Christopher.Clayton@em.doe.gov writes:

   Isn't there some way that the US Army can refute his claims of being sent to the Persian Gulf to clean up DU, much less serve as the US Army expert in country?  I actually thought Byron Morris from Rock Island was in charge of doing that.  I know his credentials and they are certainly no that.  From the time that I was there, he didn't do much of anything except sit in his office and try to "play" soldier.

Chris,

Great hearing from you. I didn't know that you crossed paths with Rokke over there.

I don't have personal knowledge of what Rokke did with the DU vehicle recovery team so I don't comment on it to the media except to say that he wasn't in charge of it, that civilians were.

If you write up your observations about his actual activities there, I will be happy to use them in my future "letters to the editor" and attribute them to an eyewitness.

The man is a charlatan who is making a living out of spreading mistruths and accusations about our Country worldwide and spreading misapprehensions about DU among our fighting men and women who already have plenty of real hazards to worry about. I know for certain that he deliberately misrepresents his military and scientific credentials from his interviews that appear on web.

His actions are unpatriotic, violate scientific and military ethics, and, in my mind, are conduct unbecoming an officer. I don't like it and I will do my best to inform responsible press about him. I couldn't do this on active duty, but I sure can now!

Hope you don't mind that I also am sending this to RADSAFE.

Bob