Re: Re: Re: Mossman paper in Health Physics News - The Debate is Over

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Gary Howard wrote:

> I have read these papers several times and have yet found where you

> address how you treat inter county variability.

	--I don't know what this means. Give me a concrete hypothetical

example of something I do not treat.

>  Nor do I see in the

> paper you reference any reference to Dr. Smith and Field's papers and

> specific concerns brought up by them previously.

	--Please be specific about one point you refer to. I will respond

to any concern that is expressed as a concrete hypothetical example of

what can be wrong. Without such an example, I cannot understand what is

being suggested. If I criticize someones treatment as inadequate, I can

suggest a concrete hypothetical example after about one minute of thinking

about it.

> We all have other committments and deadlines and are not retired so we

> have our regular duties to perform.  You appear to expect people to

> take time out of their regular job to provide explanations for you to

> rule against regarding your inverse findings.

	--With all the time you take to offer criticisms, it would be

trivial to make up a concrete hypothetical example of what you are talking

about.

  Rather than offering

> rewards perhaps you could hire an eidemiologist or statistician?

	--How can I hire a person to do something that should only take a

minute or two?

> Your latest modification of an outside reviewer now being limited to a

> theoretical phsyicist (TP) defies logic. Please provide even 4 TPs

> with experience in ecologic studies.  You make offers then modify them

> to the degree that no one could possibly meet the requirements for

> them.

	--My reward offer is for a suggestion, in terms of a concrete

hypothetical example that I analyze and respond to, with this response to

be judged. No one has applied for this reward, so I have not changed the

offer after getting such an application. Doing that would be subject to

criticism.