Re: LNT and resources [Was: Scientific responsibility]

I suggest that you look at the issue of standards for nonradiological hazards

in more detail.  The standard setting procedure is quite different for

carcinogens than for noncarcinogens, such as, "sulfur oxides, nitrogen oxides,

ozone, particulates, etc."  For chemical carcinogens, as for radiation,

standards are based on risk.

Regulations for hazardous waste generators are generally far more prescriptive

and have much stricter penalties than for radioactive materials use.

It is a myth that nonradiological hazards have lower safety standards than

radiation.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton