Re: Cohen's Observation

Dr. Cohen,

I read #7 many times, but it fails to consider many of my previous concerns

such as (just to name 2) the poor predictability of your smoking data to

explain your county lung cancer rates as well as the poor predictability of

your lung cancer mortality to to expalin the lung cancer incidence rates for

the correct temporal time period as related to your county radon measurements.

I can not speak for Dr. Steck, but like many of us I know his teaching and

research load is heavy and reviewing your data is not a priority for him.  I

have tried to get numerous physicist engaged in reviewing your work, but like

Dr. Steck have found that they show little interest.   I am happy that an NCRP

committee has been formed, which includes a prominent physicist and Health

Physicist, to review your work and hope that you give serious consideration to

any findings they may make.

>From your posts I can see that you are firm disbeliver in the LNT.  I also

fear this may be driving your assertions that you have a validly considered

the limitations of your study.  I also share much skepticism about the LNT,

although I do believe if the LNT is valid it would probably be most valid for

high LET radiation.  My argument with you is that such a blunt instrument as

an ecologic study should not be used to test the validity of the LNT.  In

addition, too little discussion focuses on the the type of radiation when

people talk about the validity of the LNT.