Subject:  Re: Radon and Lung Cancer: What the studies really say.

    Date:  Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:36:24 +0000

   From:   epirad@mchsi.com

      To:    BERNARD L COHEN <blc+@PITT.EDU>

      CC:   radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Many of us have followed the details of this debate. But, for one, I am amazed

that you should make the suggestion posted above and then follow it with FIVE (5)

new postings in the following 45 minutes to continue this flap which you yourself

suggest is "going nowhere". I am disappointed in you, Dr. Field. I'm surprised to

watch you so lower yourself.  You not only suggest that the debate should end for

now with your last word, but then you have to have the last word five more times!.

I have no doubt that your beliefs are no less intense than are those of Dr.

Cohen.  Both of you have invested years in an important scientific endeavor.  But

are you really this desperate to score your points?

Good heavens, man; give it a rest and for the time being follow your own

suggestion. If you feel the need, obviously you can pick it up again after the

NCRP review.

Sincerely,

Maury Siskel    maury@webtexas.com