RE: Field's comments on Cohen's Observation

At 05:18 AM 6/23/03 +0200, Gary Howard wrote:

>I think I understand this from what Dr. Fields tried to explain to us

>before, I think he means that while lung cancer incidence and radon

>exposure are linear in the relative risk according to the LNT, they

>are not linearly related in the scale of absolute risk.

***************************************************************8

June 23, 2003

Can someone explain what is meant by this statement? It seems to me that if

there is another source of risk, the radon portion is still linear under

LNT although the total risk is not proportional to the radon risk.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP

Center for Health & the Environment

(Street Address: Bldg. 3792, Old Davis Road)

University of California, Davis, CA 95616

E-Mail: ograabe@ucdavis.edu

Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140