Re: Questionable data?

Jerry,

I did not say, and I do not think anyone else has

said, that Dr. Cohen made up the data, or the analysis

was incorrectly performed.  The issue is, does the

data relevent to the study objectives?  Can what is

being asked be tested by the data used?  Many people,

including me, have made legitimate mistakes in our

work.  The sign of a true professional is acknowledge

the errors.  Professional epidemiologist, not plumbers

or shoemakers, have raised issues with Dr. Cohen's

data.  The issue has not been with the LNT, but the

data.

You really need to understand what is being written

and what the issue is about.  It goes beyond whether

or not it is logical or make sense.  Special

relativity did not make logical sense when it was

first proposed.

--- Jerry Cohen <jjcohen@prodigy.net> wrote:

> John,

>     When you question or disagree with someone's

> theory or

> hypothesis, you are essentially saying that your

> wacky idea

> is better than theirs. Fair game, no harm done.

>     However, when you question someone's data, you

> cast

> doubt on their integrity, and/or professional

> competence.

> Do you believe that Bernie might have faked the

> data?

> Were his data sources invalid? Were improper

> sampling

> techniques or measurement methods employed?

> Why does the data not represent the situation?

> Sound scientific analysis can be performed by

> physicists,

> epidemiologists, plumbers, shoemakers, or anybody

> else.

> The only requirement is that it is logical and makes

> sense.

. . .

=====

-- John