Re: Get your tickets now!

Maury,

PLEASE!  No one is nipping at Dr. Cohen, but perhaps your teeth are

gnarled a bit at others.

If you look further, Dr. Field was responding to questions such as

those from Dr. Long and indeed Dr. Cohen.  John was stating basic

questions of substance.  Take a lesson, both Field and John offer

substantive comments rather then lowering themself to mudslinging.

Really, I tried to find an end the discussions of this topic a while

back.  Field agreed and Dr. Cohen narrowed down his list of potential

reviewers to only those who really have no expertise in ecological

studies.  Dr. Cohen has asked others for explanations why his results

do not indicate the demise of the LNT.  Don't ask if you don't want to

receive!

I understand that Dr. Cohen has spent 15 years justifying his

interpretation of his findings, but this is really taking the shape of

a holy crusade on his part.  One must wonder when criticisms of Dr.

Cohen's work are being received in the Newsletter from even Dr.

Mossman, a well know anti LNTer -and it is my understanding he is not

an epidemiologist- this has gone on far to long.

Field offered reviewers, Cohen rejected them in favor of people who

could care less about epidemiology. Field offered a substative way to

find the cause of his discrepancy. Cohen has denied he understands

what Field is talking about.  This is why we are getting nowhere.

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:14:14 -0500 maury (maury@webtexas.com) wrote:

>Because Bill Field has now twice suggested that because his

>disagreements with Bernie are going no where, they should drop ithe

>argument from the list, and

>Because John Jacobus has once made essentially the same suggestion as

>Field, and

>Because both gentlemen have continued without letup to nip at

Bernie's

>ankles,

>It is, therefore, fair to wonder how much longer they will continue

and

>to wonder if anyone else remains who could possibly have any creative

or

>original critiques of Bernie's notorious radon study???

>Will this become an annual joust like the anniversary of Chernobyl or

>TMI on a Mobius strip to entertain the gallery while devoid of new

>scientific content? It is approaching the need for a table of points

>be awarded for different criticisms. Extra points should be awarded

for

>extreme angular momentum, when arguments have become so tightly

circular

>that they fold back on themselves, threatening to create black holes

in

>cyberspace. There could even be an annual award on 31 Dec of an all

day

>raspberry sucker to the winner.

>Yours for better popcorn. Smoking permitted only in the second

balcony.

>All firearms and radons must be checked at box office.

>Maury

>PS Not to disregard the fact that many good points have been made by

all

>concerned, but it is remarkable  to note the number of times the same

>points are being reiterated by the same people.

>maury@webtexas.com

>send an e-mail to Majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu  Put the text

"unsubscribe

>radsafe" (no quote marks) in the body of the e-mail, with no subject

line.

>You can view the Radsafe archives at

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

LOOK GOOD, FEEL GOOD - WWW.HEALTHIEST.CO.ZA

Cool Connection, Cool Price, Internet Access for R59 monthly @ WebMail

http://www.webmail.co.za/dialup/