Re: Re: Severe limitations of ecologic data

  Dr. Cohen - is your ecological research interpretations a self

fulfilling prophecy from your position on radon nearly 15 years ago?

Is your motivation for your unflappale support of your interpretation

of your ecological finding because you want your work not to be

ignored and remain "seminal" to those unfamiliar with the problems

with ecologcal studies??

As Warren Brooks quoted you -

``For example, Bill  Ruckelshaus [EPA head,  1983 to 1985] was

nearly cited for contempt trying to develop a more realistic risk

on radon,'' even though seminal work  by Dr. Bernard Cohen at the

university of Pittsburgh  had shown there is  no health risk from

residential radon.

 However, as Dr. Cohen told  me, ``You understand, radon is the most

serious risk with which the EPA is now dealing.''

   ``But, Dr. Cohen,'' I said,  ``you just got through telling me

that residential radon poses no public health risk!''

``That's right,'' he said.

      In  other words,  if  the EPA's  claim  that residential

   radon  ``causes 20,000  cancer deaths  a year''  is fatuous

   (and it  is), what  is to  be said  about EPA's  much lower

   estimates for air toxics?

LOOK GOOD, FEEL GOOD - WWW.HEALTHIEST.CO.ZA

Cool Connection, Cool Price, Internet Access for R59 monthly @ WebMail

http://www.webmail.co.za/dialup/