Re: Re: Severe limitations of ecologic data

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Gary Howard wrote:

>   Dr. Cohen - is your ecological research interpretations a self

> fulfilling prophecy from your position on radon nearly 15 years ago?

	--I was a strong believer in LNT and in the EPA interpretation of

radon risks until about 10 years ago when my research convinced me

otherwise. For example, my 1991 book, "The Nuclear Energy Option", accepts

LNT without question.

> Is your motivation for your unflappale support of your interpretation

> of your ecological finding because you want your work not to be

> ignored and remain "seminal" to those unfamiliar with the problems

> with ecologcal studies??

	-- I only want an explanation for how my work is wrong, in terms

of a concrete hypothetical example. Any theoretical physicist will tell

you that there is no difficulty in making up a concrete hypothetical

example of any idea you are trying to illustrate. I need such an example

in order to evaluate its plausibility. I give examples in my papers of

explanations, but I have always found them to be highly implausible -- see

item #7 on my web site.