Re: Radon, smoking and LNT

From: <epirad@mchsi.com>

> ....  Our findings to date indicate that there is little change when

> someone gets sick in window opening behaviors, home temperature change

etc.

> This is also supported by self-reported behavior of window opening etc. in

our

> questionnairre data.

I would prefer more quantitative data, such as changes in gas and

electricity consumption between before and after diagnosis (normalized to

the control group). Maybe one could focus on glass based dosimetry on

objects that were given away (to people living in apartments or other low

radon places) before diagnosis?

In any case, it is a systematic error and even a small systematic error

(unlike a random error) can have a big effect.

> Nevertheless, recall that in a case-control study, exposure

misclassification

> will bias toward the null,

This type of systematic misclassification will not bias toward the null. If

you want, I can give a numerical example.

Kai