Re: Feedback: Response beyond the reality???

In a democracy, officials must make decisions that address and satisfy public concerns, if they wish to remain their official capacity. It doesn't matter whether these concerns are scientifically rational or not. Unfortunately, a scientifically illiterate media plays a major role in formulating public opinion. That's the problem!

  ----- Original Message -----

  From: Jose Julio Rozental

  To: BLHamrick@AOL.COM ; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

  Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 11:27 PM

  Subject: Re: Feedback: Response beyond the reality???

  Dear colleagues,

  How can the public not be afraid about risk and how can we blame press and many environmentalist groups with such authority's perception and  management, considering the type of source?

  wasn't  this a paranoiac response?

  Jose Julio Rozental

  joseroze@netvision.net.il

  Israel

      Feedback: Response beyond the reality???

    I have heard of a response wherein 200 persons were evacuated from a building because they found an exempt Fe-55 source in the building.

    Barbara