Re: Fwd: Debate Sunshine

Howard,

I was unaware that there was a problem with the public

not getting enough sunlight and other radiation.  I

always heard that there was an increased risk of skin

cancer that is becoming a problem in this country.  If

so, how can you suggest that we should be getting 10

to 100 times more?  Are you trying to increase the

number of skin cancers?  Is your knowledge of the risk

of skin cancer on your certification board?

As I have said, it is the work of physicians to

educate their patients and the public about the

benefits of good health.

Again, Vitamin R is really cute.  Do you have any

other sound bites?

--- hflong@postoffice.pacbell.net wrote:

> Sunshine - and other radiation wavelengths -

> increasingly seem to be

> essential to good health (in amounts up to 10 or 100

> times what most

> Americans get), according to most participants in

> Doctors for Disaster

> Preparedness discussions yesterday and the day

> before in Phoenix.

> We are not "radiation apologists", and better

> detection to avoid high

> level radiation was a major subject.  I bought one

> of Shane Conners

> "Nucalert' to wear on my keychain (see

> www.radmeters4U.com)

> Are health physicists going to cede dosing of

> "vitamin R" (as

> anesthesiologist Ken Noel calls it), to others?

> Cannot some CHPs adjust

> to new knowlege? I have to take my family practice

> board exams every 6

> years. Would every 10 years be too often for CHPs to

> catch up with

> materials like those on Muckerheide's website, via

> jmuckerheide@cnts.wpi.edu?

=====

-- John

John Jacobus, MS