Re: The "right" answer

John Cameron, one of the 8 Nuclear Shipyard Worker Study scientific advisory

commitee, says only a one tailed test was done (to detect harm but not

benefit). I don't have his address at this computer, but most of you have it

or can sort for messages here months ago.

The only problem I have seen claimed with the NSWS was the claim that

applicants for that job were more strictly screened for health problems than

for the seemingly identical control group. The differences seem to me far

too great (0.76 total mortality rate when > 0.5 excess rad) to be caused by

that.

Howard Long