RE: OUTAGE TRACED TO DIM BULB

Floyd,

I believe that you will find information in the

Radsafe achives, for example

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/9709/msg00429.html

you will find the sad tale of the closure of the High

Flux Beam Reactor (HFBR) at BNL due to a tritium in

the ground water.

The problem is they called it a "reactor" instead of a

"neutral particle generator."  A bit wordy, but it is

technically true.

--- "Flanigan, Floyd" <Floyd.Flanigan@nmcco.com>

wrote:

> It is also amazing that they have an accelerator at

> Brookhaven right down the road in NY and no one

> seems to have directed the "nuclear safety" finger

> that way. I decommissioned Shoreham and the local

> rumor was that there were gentlemen in trench coats

> with crooked noses, wearing fedoras behind the whole

> Shoreham evolution.

> . . .

=====

-- John