Re: California Set to Begin Inspecting Trucks Crossing State Lines for Nuclea...

It sounds like the California Radiation Control Program was out of the loop

in this decision.  I note that the announcement came from the State Homeland

Security Director.  Unfortunately, this has been the pattern across the

country: radiation control people have little or no input in decisions about

controlling radiation.  I haven't decided whether this is intentional - "If

we ask them we can't plead ignorance later" - or if it is truly an oversight

on the part of decision makers who are clueless about how radiation control

works in this country.

Clayton J. Bradt, CHP

Principal Radiophysicist

NYS Dept. of Labor