Re: in need of advice

Think of the surface as if it were a boat hull.  If there is a hole in

the hull the boat fills with water.  Same with the gasses from radium

isotopes.  If you don't coverall the surfaces with a substantial

coating, then the problem will persist, although it may be reduced.

Epoxy coatings seem to work on floors.  Thoron has a shorter half life

than radon, so it may be reduced more than radon will be with the same

coating.  Based on your numbers, there may be more thorium present than

just a surface coating that could be removed. Is it really a problem?

Can the exposure be tolerated over 40 hours?  You might also consider

using local electrostatic filtration or hepa filtration to control the

levels of the particulates.  Just some thoughts.

John Andrews

Knoxville, Tennessee