Re: Hanford Site cleanup standards

Some years ago I helped prepare a decommissioning plan for the mountain

of thorium ore at the old Bendix plant in West Chicago.  We looked at

the accident statistics of trucking the material out of the area to

build a new mountain somewhere else.  The decision was made to plan on

local stabilization rather than move the material in part because of the

accident potential of trucking past the local school.  Ultimately the

material was moved elsewhere.

So much for accidents such as running over school children with trucks

of thorium ore.

John Andrews

Knoxville, Tennessee