From: William V Lipton

To: Franz Schoenhofer

Cc: Taylor, Douglas ; RuthWeiner@AOL.COM ; crispy_bird@YAHOO.COM ;

tdc@XRAYTED.COM ; jjcohen@PRODIGY.NET ; Al.Conklin@DOH.WA.GOV ;

jim.dukelow@PNL.GOV ; BLHamrick@AOL.COM ; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 4:44 AM

Subject: Re: AW: Hanford Site cleanup standards

Many thanx, Franz, for expressing something that was bothering me, but I

hadn't been able to express.

You raised an important issue.  What are the responsibilities for an

organization that develops a new technology, with new hazards, which are not

yet regulated, and for which there are no published standards?