Re: Measuring Cosmic Radiation

Off the top of my head, I would check out

NCRP Report 142 "Operational Radiation Safety Program

for Astronauts in Low-Earth Orbit: A Basic Framework"

(2002)

NCRP Report 137 "Fluence-Based and Microdosimetric

Event-Based Methods for Radiation Protection in Space"

(2001)

at http://www.ncrp.com/ncrprpts.html

A better reference might be

Cosmic Radiation Exposure of Airline Crews, Passengers

and Astronauts, Proceedings of the Thirty-Fourth

Annual Meeting held April 1-2, 1998

Published in Health Phys. 79, 466-613 (November 2000)

-- Frikkie Beeslaar <beeslar@sabs.co.za> wrote:

> Hi Radsafers

> Has anybody tried to measure cosmic radiation in an

> aircraft  or doses

> to aircrew with Panasonic UD802 meters?  My biggest

> concern is the dose

> from neutrons.  Will it be possible to distinguish

> between the dose

> contribution from neutrons and gammas?

=====

-- John