Re: Hanford Site Cleanup Standards

Sept. 3

	Bill Lipton wrote, "(Like it or not, perception is reality.)"

	O! that way madness lies; let me shun that.  (King Lear, III, iv, 21)

	The reason we are in this quagmire is that to a large extent perception

<has> become reality.  If we lose -- or have already lost -- the ability to

distinguish between perception and reality we are headed toward a state of

madness -- or are already there.

Steven Dapra

sjd@swcp.com

Let us have madness openly, O men

Of my generation.  Let us follow

The footsteps of this slaughtered age.

Kenneth Patchen

(Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, 16th Edition; 730:7)