Re:

There are two things here.  NBC did an investigative

report and shipped harmless DU.  However, it some

group X announces the latest report on the "dangerous"

health effects of DU, NBC is obligated to report about

the "dangerous" DU.  Otherwise, they are censoring the

story, and group X will sue them.

In the best of all worlds, another group Y should

counter the "dangerous" DU story as being B.S.  But

that seldom happens as they have to move onto the next

exciting story involving Brittney Spears.

--- "Borisky, Michael (Civ, ARL/CoS)"

<mborisky@arl.army.mil> wrote:

> Radsafers,

> Did anyone notice on the evening news last night

> that when (I think) NBC

> was describing how NBC was able to secretly ship 15

> pounds of DU from

> Indonesia to Los Angles without it being detected at

> our borders, NBC

> called it "harmless"?  They then said DU has roughly

> the same radiation

> signature as bomb material that is shielded to avoid

> detection, so

> secretly shipping the DU served as a test run for

> the ability to detect

> something not so harmless.  I wonder if the next

> time that NBC airs a

> story about the purported health hazards of DU on

> past and present

> battlefields, they will remember that when it served

> their purpose, they

> described DU as "harmless"

> Mike Borisky

> Army Research Lab

=====

"May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist