No Subject

Radsafers,

Did anyone notice on the evening news last night that when (I think) NBC

was describing how NBC was able to secretly ship 15 pounds of DU from

Indonesia to Los Angles without it being detected at our borders, NBC

called it "harmless"?  They then said DU has roughly the same radiation

signature as bomb material that is shielded to avoid detection, so

secretly shipping the DU served as a test run for the ability to detect

something not so harmless.  I wonder if the next time that NBC airs a

story about the purported health hazards of DU on past and present

battlefields, they will remember that when it served their purpose, they

described DU as "harmless"

Mike Borisky

Army Research Lab