RE: Radium article

Defects are the bench-mark which enables us to determine the degree to which other things are correct.

Floyd W. Flanigan B.S.Nuc.H.P.

-----Original Message-----

From: DWard67262@AOL.COM [mailto:DWard67262@AOL.COM]

Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 5:10 PM

To: sandyfl@EARTHLINK.NET

Cc: BobCherry@AOL.COM; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subject: Re: Radium article

Your thoughts on Zero Defects are right on....

Many years ago I was married to a beautiful, wonderful lady who was First Vice -President of Wells- Fargo. Through her I got an insight into personnel motivations, evaluations, etc, that were generations more advanced than the morass in which we engineers  survive.

One of the criticisms of her in the evaluation of her was that she had not made enough bad loans...

Dave Ward,Curmudgeon-at-large