Re: If you do Science, use the Scientific Method!

MessageDavid Hall wrote:

> "The data seems to indicate..." misses the point of the study, and that is to SUPPORT or REFUTE the LNT theory of radiation carcinogenesis.

You are correct that that is the point of the study. My question is: Should this be the only point?

LNT is irrelevant. I have yet to meet anyone who believes in LNT as a correct scientific theory. Some people believe that it is a reasonable and conservative basis for regulations.

To me the more important questions are: What is the true dose response curve? Is cumulative dose even a relevant metric at low doses and dose rates? (Perhaps all houses should be below 100 Bq/m3, but we should visit a radon spa twice per month.)

The most important question is: What is killing all the people in low radon areas?

Kai