Re: report finds radium raises risk of bone cancer in men

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, John Jacobus wrote:

> While I have not looked at the report myself, how do

> you know it is an ecological study?  Maybe they have

> radium data from the water consumed by the patients,

> so you can correlate the radium consumed with the

> cancer incident.  With Dr. Cohen's study, you do not

> know it the persons who developed lung cancers were

> those who were smoked.

	--In LNT, the theory I am testing, it does not matter whether the

people who got lung cancer were those who smoked or were exposed to high

or low radon. That is why my ecological study avoids the "ecological

fallacy" and can test LNT.

	--One very major difference between my study and the radium in

drinking water study is that thhe latter had no treatment of confounding

factors, whereas my studies treated over 500 potential confounding

factors.