The important question is health benefits of low level radiation,not LNT

Dear Colleagues, If we really are interested in health, as the title

of HPS suggests, we should have an open mind to both health benefits

and health risks.  We are all in favor of reducing health risks. We

should also be in favor of taking advantage of health benefits of low

dose rate radiation. There is much better evidence for health

benefits  than of health risks. See my article: "Longevity is the

most appropriate measure of health effects of radiation" to appear in

the October 2003 issue of Radiology.  It is available at

http://www.medphysics.wisc.edu/~jrc/art_longevity.htm.

	We will not know the truth about health effects at low dose

rates until we do a double blind human study, such as I propose in my

article:

" Is radiation an essential trace energy?" Physics and Society

October 2001  http://www.aps.org/units/fps/oct01/a5oct01.html

	I wish to announce an alternate location for the Virtual

Radiation Museum (VRM) as the first wing in the SCIENCE MUSEUM (SM)

located at "http://www.sciencemuseum.us"; Please visit the VRM and

send me suggestions for appropriate additions to the VRM and

appropriate links for the Science Museum.

Best wishes, John Cameron

--

John R. Cameron (jrcamero@wisc.edu)

  E2571 Porter Rd.  PO Box 405,

Lone Rock,WI 53556-0405

(608) 583-2160;

(until about Oct. 18 2003

Visit  the Virtual Radiation Museum  (VRM) at

http://www.medphysics.wisc.edu/~vrm

and my web page at  http://www.medphysics.wisc.edu/~jrc/