  From: William V Lipton

  To: Howard Long

  Cc: Fritz A. Seiler ; Hall, David A. ; 'Kai Kaletsch' ; peter.thomas@health.gov.au ; RadSafe

  Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 7:44 AM

  Subject: Re: If you do Science, use the Scientific Method!

  I'm sure that there will always be enough background radiation to provide me with my "essential trace energy," whether I want it or not.

  I welcome  your ideas.  IMHO, you have presented a hypothesis which is worthy of further investigation.  Nevertheless, you are obviously an advocate for this hypothesis.  Until more information is available, standards should be set by consensus, not by advocates; or, as a minimum, by a balance of advocates.

  Until your hypothesis is accepted as a consensus, I'll avoid extra radiation exposure.  You are welcome to obtain as much additional "essential trace energy" as you want, as long as it's not on my license.

  It's not about dose, it's about trust.

  Curies forever.

  Bill Lipton

  liptonw@dteenergy.com

  Howard Long wrote:

    Bill,LNT CANNOT be "The best we have", if (as now is abundantly clear)ionizing radiation at higher energies (wave lengths) is an essential trace energy (like a vitamin or sunshine). Overenthusiastic cleaning of a substance or energy that is damaging in high amounts but essential in small amounts can also be damaging. You are then DEPRIVING.  Clear? Dose IS the problem, denied by your standard end-note.We TRUST you to preserve the needed dose, as well as to remove overdose.You are NOT conservative, or prudent,  unless you change to this greater security. Howard Long