RE: If you do Science, use the Scientific Method!

Re. "prudent practices":

This is indeed the crux of the argument. Legislating this form of prudence is unscientific because clear evidence of harm at low doses has not been established. As such, this is a very rare specimen and it should come as no surprise that some scientists choose to challenge this practice. It is odd (and most unfortunate) how some people work so hard at trying to discredit those who dare challenge accepted practices.

If this same philosophy, placing the burden of proof on "establishing safety beyond a reasonable doubt", were applied to other areas of worker safety, then I dare say that most chemical (and many other) plants would have to shut down permanently.

Radiation is arguably the best understood and most studied "toxin" known, so one might indeed shiver at the prospect of this legislative practice being taken into the mainstream. That is why the accepted practice of applying LNT to low doses needs to be questioned and challenged.

My opinions only.

Grant