RE: Attitude to 'Risky' Treatment

Thanks Chris,

It will be interesting to see how this is eventually applied in the face

of current medical research practice that tends to let 1000 people die

if there is a chance that an intervention (practice or drug) will injure

anyone, until the risks are fully quantified (through clinical trials),

and then if some previously unquantified risk appears, tend to stop

using the drug even if thousands of people are being helped/saved.

But then this doesn't apply for drugs that have been in long-term use

even if they are known to have small benefits but kill many people every

year.

And then there is the killing of a million people from malaria that

could be saved by the use of DDT, etc.

With LDR, hundreds of people are killed from virulent infections every

year with costly intensive use of costly antibiotics that could be

quickly saved using LDR.

Thanks.

Regards, Jim