RE: New spam/scam message

> > "Waste bandwidth?"  Come on!

> I respectfully disagree. Radsafe should not become one's venue into

> hearing about scam, spam or viruses. How many viruses have you

> learned about that were real (not covered in the legitimate media)

> and found it on a listserver?

I did not chime in after Sandy's first post, but I did agree. We should

trust our in-house IT people to keep us informed about real virus

threats. Many false threats are widely distributed quickly, and using a

technical list service to spread alerts about either real or false

threats is not a good practice. Let's talk about radiation safety here,

and you can watch the various virus alert and hoax pages for updates on

these topics.

> <use of "who" command>

>I am pretty sure this will have no effect on the spam quantity

listmembers receive, and I can remember at least one example when I made

use of the list.

I also really doubt that anyone is getting spam because someone grabbed

the Radsafe email database. We all get tons of spam regardless of our

participation on this list or not. Once that was widely publicized in a

Radsafe posting, however, I felt that it had become an open door that

needed to be shut.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 343-0068